Monday, June 8, 2015

Hail to the Male

Hello. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I wanted to share a few quick projects I made for the Crafty Secrets June Linky Party.  This month's theme is a tribute to to the boys so I decided to wrap up a few Father's Day cards and tags that needed to get done.  

Sandy is offering up a great prize package to one lucky winner so be sure to stop by and link up a project.  ONE of the prizes is their handsome Barber Shop Digital Kit.  The bow tie paper and the dapper little guy below come in the kit but everyone who participates in the linky gets to keep these sweet little images free of charge. 


I used Papertrey Ink's Scene it Basic Backer Die and their Skyscapes Dies to create the backdrop behind this little gentleman.  Isn't he the cutest?  I used Inktense Colored Pencils on him...I love, love, love my pencils!

Oddly enough, I don't own ANY Father's Day stamps which is terrible since I am married to the most amazing man and father of three.  I will have to rectify that later but for now, I just typed up a sentiment in MS Word and cut out.


Such a handsome guy...


For the tag and flower, I used a variety of papers from the Barber Shop Kit.  I couldn't wait to see who wins the linky so I went ahead and purchased from their store.  It was just too cute to pass up.

I used vellum on the chevron paper to soften it a bit and then adhered some Sizzix cut letters and added a sentiment from PTI's Mini Blooms stamp set.

 
The 'man'liest flower ever made :).


For this card, I decided to make a shirt.  My little one loves this so I am not certain she will be able to hold off giving it to her Dad until Father's Day.  Again, I used papers from the Barber Shop Kit and the sentiment from PTI's Mini Blooms.  
 
Thanks for looking!  Get crafty.



7 comments:

  1. WOW! Look at you go girl ... these are FABULOUS!!! Wonderful designs and great choice of papers! LOVE the shirt ... too clever! Well done ... very inspirational! Thanks so much for playing along in our June Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

    Darlene
    Crafty Secrets DT
    CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
    CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with these papers and images, they are nice and masculine. Great job! I don't own any "Father's Day" items either, but I also really like this kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness Heather - all 3 of your projects are so freaking cute! I have to add these to the store to show people what they can create. Also - don't worry you can pick anything digital for the same amount. I totally forgot to tell Kathy that and I need to post it but we only have 1 more day.

    Thanks for playing and joining our June Crafty Secrets challenge.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my giddy aunt! What fabulous projects you made with our free digi stamp and paper! I love them so much! I love when you play along, because your love for paper comes through in everything you make! Thanks for joining the fun at the Crafty Secrets June Linky Challenge!
    Kathy Clement
    DT Leader/Crafty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I think you have inspired the entire Crafty Secrets team with your creations...I love everyone of them...all just perfect for the occassion!! Thank you for joining our Crafty Secrets June linky party!
    Diane CS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a super fun project! Thanks for linking up with us at Crafty Secrets! I really love the variety of projects you created with our Crafty Secrets images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling projects and the colors are great! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Secrets Linky Party. Hope to see more projects.

    ReplyDelete